Extended call for Fellowship applicants from Macedonia – apply now!
Since we closed the call for Fellowship applications, we came to realise that we, and our local partners in Macedonia, Metamorphosis, would most appreciate a slightly differently structured fellowship to the one we’re running in other parts of the world this year.
Namely: we’d love to have a full-time School of Data fellow based in Macedonia, supporting the work of both Metamorphosis, and building and strengthening the data literate community more widely. It seems unfair though to expect the people who already applied for the fellowships as a part-time position to be able to commit full-time to the position, so we’re opening up applications again for people who might be interested in a full time position.
For those who applied already, we’ll be getting in touch to see if you’re also interested in taking on the fellowship as a full time position.
Please share this call widely among fellow data nerds living in Macedonia – we’re looking especially for people with a technical profile, who are interested in using their technical skills for social good. We’ll support the fellow to share their skills with activists, civil society, and journalists, so that they can use data to do their work more effectively.
For more details on what the Fellowship will include, please see below. We look forward to hearing from you!
What does the fellowship include?
As a School of Data fellow, you’ll be part of our 9-month programme, which includes the following activities:
- guided and independent online and offline skillshares and trainings, aimed to develop data and leadership skills,
- individual mentoring and coaching;
- an appropriate stipend equivalent to a part time role;
- Participation in the annual School of Data Summer Camp, which will take place in late May 2015 – location to be confirmed.
- Participation in activities within a growing community of School of Data practitioners to ensure continuous exchange of resources, knowledge and best practices;
- Training and coaching of the fellow in participatory event management, storytelling, public speaking, impact assessment etc;
- Opportunities for paid work – often training opportunities arise in the countries where the fellows are based.
- Potential work with one or more local civil society organisations to develop data driven campaigns and research.
What did last year’s fellows have to say?
Got questions? See more about the Fellowship Programme here and have a looks at this Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.– or, watch the Ask Us Anything Hangouts that we held in mid-February to take your questions and chat more about the fellowship.
Convinced? Apply now to become a School of Data fellow in Macedonia. The application will be open until April 12th and the programme will start in late April 2015.